Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Headed South

We're on Amtrak headed back to Quantico. Then we have another six hours of driving to get home. Tired, but with a sense of accomplishment. Lots of people in congressional offices. Lines of people waiting to get through security and into the three House office buildings as we were leaving. The in-person effort goes til 6 p.m. tonight.

All ages were represented. The best part was seeing kids with their parents, carrying copies of the Constitution, learning about our system of government firsthand.

We met up with Larry from our Patriots group at the opening rally. He knows EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE! We had a great time, talking with other Patriots about which staffs were polite and which were horribly rude. Will be writing more than a few letters to congressmen, outlining staffs' lack of professionalism. And that's a kind description of behavior.

Larry, my sister and I visited 36 congressional offices -- I can't write congressman because no one was in. Larry took off to thank Michelle Bachmann and my sister wore out, so I visited another nine offices in the Longworth Building for a total of at least 45 face-to-face requests to "Vote NO" on the healthcare bill.

No wonder I'm tired!!! Will try and post a few photos while on the train. Will likely be tomorrow before I have everything updated.

Call your congressman TODAY, we need to keep up the pressure. The phones were being answered in every office we visited.

1 comment:

Lynn Childs said...

Wow you are amazing!!! I would have given anything to have been there with you! Did what I could from here. You rest up and may God bless you!

Lynn at CCTA